How To Find a Property Investment Advisor
Published 5:43 am 17 May 2021
Whether you’re buying your first property or you’re building your portfolio, finding the right property investment advisor can make all the difference when trying to make the right property investment decision. Even if you’re a seasoned professional, the amount of information you need to wade through these days can seem insurmountable. From interpreting market trends and media hype to friends and family influencing your choices, it can be difficult to make a decision that is both rational and commercially sound. Throw in the added factor of emotion and you could be making a big mistake. This is where a good property investment advisor can make a difference, to help find the right property that best fits your investment goals.
What Can a Property Investment Advisor Do For Me?
For many of us, the first thought we have of property investment advisors is someone rich people hire to find properties for them to invest in. The fact is, they are used by people from varying backgrounds and income levels, accommodating budgets to help secure everything from smaller apartments all the way through to larger property investments.
However, simply engaging a property investment advisor is not enough. You need to take the time to ensure they not only understand your personal needs and circumstances, but also your aspirations and goals so that the choices you make are the right ones for you. This can include everything from:
- working towards building a property portfolio for retirement income
- maximising your tax offset opportunities through property,
- building wealth through property investment,
- introducing you to growth corridors for maximum return on investment.
Whatever your requirements may be, whether it’s for lifestyle or investment, a good property investment advisor will give you a tailored approach to property investment that takes into account your unique situation. More importantly they will save you time and effort by only looking for properties that meet your particular search criteria.
The Advantages of Using a Property Investment Advisor
As mentioned earlier, the time consuming task of wading through information to decide which property investment is right for you can be complicated, not to mention stressful. Unlike real estate agents, property investment advisors do not have a vested interest in the properties they submit to their clients for review. Their sole task is to find properties that best match the client’s and key selection criteria.
Property investment advisors are particularly useful in providing a measured approach by ensuring expectations are set with realistic risks and rewards, making sure clients are fully aware of what they are committing to.
Is a Property Investment Advisor The Same As a Buyer’s Agent?
When determining who you should use to assist you with your property purchase, it’s important to understand the differences between what a property investment advisor can offer you compared to other types of agents.
Where a buyer’s agent is concerned, their focus is around locating properties in a particular region or district. Their core customer base revolves around home buyers and investors.
Property investment advisors on the other hand, tend to concentrate primarily on property investors. Their focus, to provide their clients with the best properties that meet key search criteria, along with the prospects of future growth and value add potential to maximise return on investment.
Things To Look For In A Good Property Investment Advisor
When looking for a property investment advisor here are some of key qualities you should be looking for:
- Ensure they take the time to understand your property investment goals and aspirations and make certain they can devise a strategic plan which is forward thinking and able to achieve your future financial goals. Your mindset should be one of building a long-term relationship with your property investment advisor, so make sure they do too.
- A good property investment advisor will be able to build a good rapport with you and make you feel comfortable by simplifying the property search process.
- Make sure your property investment advisor explains clearly, the risks and rewards of your property investment journey. Look for a proven performer who uses well developed strategies which get results.
- Good property investment advisors will be well connected and will often use their relationships with buyers agents to source suitable properties which match their client’s budget, investment goals and risk profiles.
- Good property investment advisors will avoid highly speculative investments for example oversupplied off-the-plan developments and mining towns etc
- They should be experienced and have a proven track record. Obtaining references from clients and other agents where possible is a wise thing to do.
- Ensure they are using the latest industry data to support their views and opinions, don’t just go on gut feel.
A good property investment advisor will be in constant contact with their clients to ensure their property investment strategies are on track.
You May Also like to Read
Will this highly contagious strain of COVID-19 affect property values? The Australian property market is currently...
Will this highly contagious strain of COVID-19 affect property values? Just one month after roughly half of Australia...
Across the country, Australian properties are being sold for multiples of what they were purchased for just several years...
Home to more than two million people, Perth is the sunniest city in the world, enjoying more sunlight year-round than...
Australia could see an additional intake of two million new migrants over the next five years. Will this be the catalyst to...
Things are about to get even hotter in Australia’s record-breaking property market. If the growth seen over 20-21 in...